Gastritis is the inflammation of the stomach’s linning. Acute or chronic gastritis causes inflammatory lesions.
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, pain and discomfort in the stomach region.
- Coated tongue, foul breath, bad taste in the mouth, increased flow of saliva, scanty urination, uneasiness and mental depression are other symptoms of gastritis.
- In chronic conditions patient experience as feeling of fullness in the abdomen. They might also experience diarrhea or constipation.
Causes of gastritis are:
- Irregular or excessive eating, eating badly combined food, excessive intake of strong tea, coffee or alcoholic drinks, large quantities of condiments and sauces.
- Worry, anxiety, grief, prolonged tension, certain drugs, strong acids and caustic substances cause gastritis.
- Improper bowel movements and improper diet can also cause gastritis.
Home remedies to cure gastritis are:
- Coconut water gives the stomach rest and provides the necessary vitamins and minerals to return to its normal condition.
- One cup of rice gruel is recommended twice daily as they can induce greater flow of gastric juices.
- Potato juice taken twice or trice daily helps relief gastritis discomfort.
- Marigold herb taken twice daily is also very beneficial to treat gastritis.
Diet for gastritis includes:
- Consuming lots of fruits and vegetables to soothe bowel movements. Recommended fruits include pears, apples, grapes, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, peaches and melons.
- Having curd and cottage cheese along with lots of water will help dilute the gastric juices.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, spices, meat, sweet, strong tea and coffee as these can aggravate gastritis.
- Fasting for two to three days and only having warm water during this period will relax the stomach causing the inflammation to subside.
- Well balance diet is very essential; include all seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fruits.
Warm water enema done daily for one week will help clean the bowels. Hot water compress on empty stomach or two hours after meal will also be beneficial. Avoid physical exertion, stress, mental strain etc. Practice breathing exercises as it can be very helpful. Walking, swimming and golf can also benefit.