Pneumonia is the inflammation of the lungs and is one of the most serious infectious diseases. If both the lungs are affected it is known as double pneumonia.
The most common symptoms of pneumonia are cold in head and throat. The patient experiences chill, shivering fever, difficulty in breathing and sharp pain in the chest. Cough and pinkish sputum being followed thereafter. In young children this disease my cause delirium and convulsion. Body temperature may rise upto 40.6 degree C and the pulse may got upto 150beats per minute. Pleurisy is a common complication of pneumonia.
Pneumonia is caused due to various types of germs and viruses such as streptococcus, staphylococcus and pneumococcus. Other causes of pneumonia include fungal infection, irritation by worms, inhaling foreign mater, irritant dust or noxious gases. The real cause of pneumonia is the presence of toxins in the body especially the lungs and air passages which is mainly caused due to bad eating habits and faulty lifestyle.
Home remedies to cure pneumonia include:
- Consuming tea made of fenugreek seeds at early stages of acute pneumonia will help the body to produce perspiration, dispel toxicity and shorten the duration of fever. A minimum of four cups a day is recommended and few drops of lemon juice can be add to improve the taste. Do not consume anything during this treatment, fast and fenugreek seeds will help improve the respiratory problems in some time.
- Garlic is also a good remedy for pneumonia. A paste of garlic applied on chest will bring down the temperature tremendously and also improve the pulse and respiration. Garlic acts as an irritant and rubefacient.
- Sesame seeds mixed with water, one tablespoon of linseed, a pinch of common salt and a dessertspoon of honey is also valuable to treat pneumonia as it removes the catarrhal matter and the phlegm from the bronchial tubes.
- Parsnip also known a pastinaca sativa a root vegetable is also found to be very beneficial in treating pneumonia. The juice of the leaves and root of this plant is very rich in phosphorus and chlorine elements are very beneficial for the lungs and bronchial system. 250 ml of the juice taken daily can yield excellent results. Avoid using the wild variety of parsnip plant as they can contain poisonous ingredients, only use the cultivate plant juice.
- Vegetable juices such as spinach combined with beet or cucumber is also helpful in curing pneumonia. 200ml spinach juice or 100ml of each beet and cucumber mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice is very beneficial.
- Rubbing turpentine oil on the rib cage and wrapping of warmed cotton wool over it can help relieve the pain of pneumonia.
Patients should consume a well balanced diet of natural foods such as fresh fruits and raw vegetables. Raw juices should be consumed atleast four to five times daily depending on the severity of the disease. Patient should only consume fruits and vegetables till the fever subsides.
Warm water enema done daily will help clean the bowels during the raw juice treatment. Warm water enema should be practiced regularly.
Bio: Dev Randhawa is a medschool student who aspires to practice pediatric medicine. For more information, visit Dev Randhawa’s health blog.